Red Squirrel and Gray Squirrel Trapping & Removal in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts & Vermont
24 hour Emergency Service
All work guaranteed
We have all seen red squirrels and gray squirrels at the bird feeder and that is fine but when they get into your house they are not cute anymore. Rodents cause 7% of the nations house fires every year by chewing on electrical wires. A rodents teeth are harder than iron and they never stop growing, because of this they never stop chewing.
Unlike Flying Squirrels, Red Squirrels and Gray Squirrels must be trapped out to solve the problem, exclusions do not work, Red Squirrels and Gray Squirrels can do much more damage than flying squirrels and they will chew their way back in 9 times out of 10. Squirrels have 2 litters a year with 2-6 per litter. Red Squirrels and Gray Squirrels have their litters in the spring and again in mid summer, times may vary slightly between Red Squirrels and Gray Squirrels.
Once the entry holes are found we trap out the Red Squirrels or Gray Squirrels and then seal the entry hole and put a 1 year Guarantee on the sealing job against re-entry.
Squirrel Removal Services
Our animal removal service includes red squirrel removal and gray squirrel removal. Squirrel removal includes the trapping of the squirrels and sealing up the entry hole.
Squirrels are everywhere in their respective habitats and thrive in the wild. However, can be a pest if they are left unchecked. If you have a squirrel problem, contact us and we will solve your problem right away.
American red squirrels are agile little creatures who mainly inhabit the northern end of North America. They are primarily found in areas where conifer trees are numerous, as their diet mostly consists of the buds and seeds of conifers. However, they eat plenty of nuts, various seeds, small insects, and even mushrooms.
Gray squirrels are nimble rodents who are relatively widespread. There are multiple species throughout America, Europe, and Asia. They are primarily found in forests which host many of the foods that make up their extensive diet (which includes berries, nuts, seeds, bark, tree buds, and acorns).
Squirrels are a two-sided coin. They can be beneficial and yet damaging to your property and family.
- They will spread seeds they forget to eat, which will grow, helping the environment.
- They are a natural food source for other animals and have their place in the food chain, keeping balance in your local environment.
- They will dig up freshly planted seeds for food, rip bark off of trees, dig holes to store food, and build nests in your home.
- If they are in great need of shelter, they may chew through wooden beams to enter your roof.
- They are prone to diseases that can be transferred to humans. Rabies, mange, cat scratch fever, and typhus are the most common diseases they carry.
They can make a right nuisance of themselves, so it’s best to keep an eye on where they could be to prevent their damage from becoming worse than necessary.
Squirrels will generally hide and store food anywhere they can access that they deem safe. Attic and roof spaces are common, as are garden sheds, or even holes they dig in your backyard. It’s best to be perceptive and keep your eye out in case they start causing damage without you realizing. Stripped bark off trees and droppings are also good tell-tales of squirrel activity. Once you’ve found them, you’ll need to know how to get rid of them.
What You Can Do
- Discover exactly why the squirrel is on your property (it will either be food or shelter). They are most busy in morning and in the afternoon and are quite vocal. You should be able to locate them if you are at home during the day.
- Remove food sources, eliminate any food scraps, keep bins closed, and don’t use bird feeders (or buy a squirrel-proof one). If you can find squirrels’ food stores, destroy them to discourage them from returning.
- Remove any shelter they have made and eliminate access to shelter you can’t get rid of.
- Always exercise caution. If you happen to be bi
Animal Removal Services
We are humane animal removal and wildlife removal services. We are a family owned and operated business in animal damage control wildlife removal control. We are professional and highly qualified.